Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

The vibrant glossy banana yellow umbrella

This week we have been learning about empathy and we watched a short film about a girl with a  umbrella  and how she showed empathy.                       

Umbrella

Early one wintery cold day, the door to Miss Elem’s Home for Children was

opening  wide. 

The girl with the vibrant glossy banana yellow umbrella , angrily entered the

orphanage  before finding a home for her umbrella .Not wanting to be seen,

Boris quickly whipped his head around the door frame so that he was hidden

from view. Standing off to the side the girl happily looked as her old toys were

becoming new toys as the children searched in the box for hidden treasures.

The girl smiled as she watched the young girl cradle the doll like it was her

baby sister. Her smile quickly disintegrated as she looked back at the umbrella

stand and all she saw were puddles. Her umbrella beloved had vanished out of

sight  no were to be seen.


can you find the simile in my writing?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lily
    you did a really good job on writing this next time you could not put in bold but I really liked it .
    FREYA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Lily,

    I have just read your brilliant story. I especially like all the descriptive words that you have used. They really help me to make a picture in my head of the video you must have watched. Is this the simile Freya? "The young girl cradled the doll like it was her baby sister." What happened to the umbrella? Did someone else take it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily, I agree with Michelle your writing is very descriptive and I was able to visualise it in my head as I was reading. I wonder what happened to the umbrella?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post